Sunday, June 30, 2013

Dinner Party



I hosted my first dinner party this past week. I served a roasted butternut squash soup, roasted asparagus, and toasted olive/labneh bread.

The soup was inspired by a recipe that I found in "The Lebanese Kitchen." The recipe calls for apples, but as I hate sweet and savory tastes mixed together, I used a lovely red pepper, instead. I also added in a fresh lemon and garlic, and I didn't measure anything. I kind of hate following recipes. ;) The soup was garnished with slivered, toasted almonds.

The asparagus was washed, spread on a baking sheet, drizzled with olive oil and salt, and roasted for approximately 12 minutes at 375 degrees.

The bread was a loaf of focaccia that I sliced into 1 inch slices. I brushed the tops with jalepeno flavored olive oil and broiled the bread until it was toasted to perfection. I spread labneh on top of the bread, and topped them with sliced olives.

Delicious.

  

No comments: